The rules have changed as of [12-23-2010]
1. Round Robin, Single Elimination Playoff Style
2. 7 on 7
3. Team chooses possession by 2 out of 3 win of Paper, Rock, Scissors
4. The Ball will be started on the 45 yard line going in. The 45 is an end zone (Safety and Int returns for TD to the 45)
5. The field will be from the far hash to the sideline.
6. The offense will have 5 plays to score.
7. Every change of possession interception or fumble will start back at the 45 yard line going in.
8. Player is down with 1 hand touch anywhere
9. After a score, there will be a one point conversion from the 5 yd line or a 2 point conversion from the 10 yard line
10. Games are 12 min long.
11. At the end of 12 min, the team that played defense at the start of the game will get the ball at the 45 yard line regardless of who has the ball.
12. There will be 7 plays left in the game at this point.
13. Overtime will be started from the 25 yard line (3 plays to score) - have to go for 2 every time.
14. There is no blocking allowed either on the line of scrimmage or anywhere downfield.
15. Rushers will be signaled in by the back judge after 2 seconds has elapsed.
(a) The field judge is to mark the line of scrimmage and rushing line of scrimmage between each play.
(b) There is no limit on the number of rushers.
(c) One free rush per five downs.
(d) If the rusher is offsides, after using a free rush, it will be a 5yd penalty/repeat down
16. Receiver/Ball carrier is legally down when touched with one or both hands.
(a) Excessive force by shoving, pushing, or striking a blow will be penalized by automatic first down and 5 yards.
(b) Expulsion of a player(s) if ruled unsportsmanlike & flagrant.
17. Fumbles are dead balls at the spot with the last team retaining possession.
18. Each team will have 30 seconds to snap the ball once the previous play is over.
(a) Two delay of game penalties in the same possession results in a turnover.
(b) A DELAY OF GAME PENALTY ON THE EXTRA POINT TRY RESULTS IN A TURNOVER!
(c) If the offense has a false start, it will be a 5 yd penalty, if possible. If not, a loss of downs.
19. Defensive Pass Interference will be:
(a) 15 yards outside the 15 yard line
(b) Half the distance inside the 15 yard line
(c) Replay of Down
20. Responsibility to avoid contact is with the defense.
(a) There will be NO chucking. Deliberate bumping or grabbing.
(b) These actions will result in a "tack on" penalty at the end of the play
(c) 5 yard penalty
21. Offensive pass interference is the same as NCAA rules.
(a) 15 YARD PENALTY
(b) If backed up to where penalty can’t be enforced...loss of 2 downs
22. Interceptions may be returned ("no blocking" rule applies). If an interception is returned beyond the 45 yard line (the offensive origination point) it is a touchdown and point after attempt should ensue. The teammates of the person who intercepted the ball MAY trail the runner so as to be in position to take a backwards pass. THEY MAY NOT BLOCK FOR OR SCREEN FOR THE RUNNER. Blocking for the runner will result in an automatic start at the 45yd line.
23. The yardage for the Interception return will be awarded on the next offensive possession.
24. Offensive team is responsible for retrieving and returning the ball to the previous spot or the new scrimmage spot in a timely fashion. Failure to do so can result in a delay of game penalty.
25. No taunting or "trash talking".
(a) 5 yard penalty
(b) Expulsion if flagrant.
26. Fighting: the player(s) involved will be ejected from the game and tournament. If a team fight occurs, the teams involved will be ejected from the tournament and denied participation until asked back by KleinBowl!